Saturday, June 13, 2009

You Give Me Butterflies...

Spring 2009 RTW: Diane von Furstenberg, Badgley Mischka, Collette Dinnigan, Tibi

An ethereal and delicate motif for the warm weather. I'm not too crazy about butterflies, they have always been a tad bit tacky to me, Mariah Carey sort of jaded the whole concept for me...I don't see myself in any of these pieces either. But, I did get a little experimental in the past couple of weeks: I sewed my first skirt. Major accomplishment for me though! It incorporates the butterfly detail and the African/tribal print trend that is making its way around the runway.



I got really lazy making this skirt, but it took only about 3 days to do it (spending about 3hrs a day). I'm a neophyte to the whole sewing thing, but my goal is to get out that category this summer and stitch up some skirts. It covers my knee when worn on my hips, but I prefer it higher up with my little cinch Marc Jacobs belt.


Source: Thefashionspot

No comments:

Post a Comment